Re: cooler car

>MOD: removed #2,3,5,6 grill slat counting from the top down
>
>BEFORE: Temp needle while sitting in traffic would rise to 1/2mm
>under the hot line. This is the very tip of the needle being just
>under the highest temp line..not dot.
>
>AFTER: Temp need itself never overlaps the high line, and at the base
>of the needle (where it's closest to the line) its a full 1-2mm below
>it. Highway driving sees about the same.
>
>NOTES: I can't believe how much this helped cool my car down. I used
>to have to use the fan while sitting in traffic, now my radiator can
>breathe better, and I am assuming that the breeze now has better
>access to it with those 4 slats missing. If you like the skinny-3-bar
>look, then this mod is for you. I will have some pics up as soon as
>the roll is finished and developed.
>
>Ryan
>--
Hello all:

That will work, but you will definitely gain about 10000 lbs of dust on the
thing. I recently blew the dust off of my radiator with a compressor and
the thing was filthy. Afterwards, the car ran much cooler. I would try this
before you do the grill thing.

If you have gone the grill slat removal route, then I would assume maybe a
screen be placed behind the grill.

Regards,
Paul Hanley