Tranny stuff....

Just wondering if any of you guys have seen BG Syncro Shift tranny fluid
before....I guy I know and trust says its great, it is supposidly designed
for front wheel drives only....what do you guys think?(I know, redline
this, synthic that...but it was cheap(I get wholesale at local parts
place)...and easy to just grap along with my clutch.

That leads me to a second question....this "self machining" problem I've
heard about, kinda worried about that as I have a close ratio out of a 83
or 84 GTi....how can you tell the clip is there? Can you see it once the
tranny/clutch is out??? or will I just have to bust it open and find
out? :-(

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Eric
(the engine swap starts monday!.....PS!! Does anybody have a extra knock
sensor set up? cheap?????)