RE: CV Boot Questions

> On 15 Aug 97 at 10:06, Bradley T. Peet wrote:
>
> > I'm guestimating at the prices.  Anyone that knows of the best
> > quality, lowest cost vendor for these parts feel free to chime in.
>
> As usual, check Mark at Adirondack for best prices on OEM CV joints.

I just did a write up on this less then a week ago, I suppose I could
do it again...

After determining that I had a bad CV joint on my 88 16v, I shopped
around for a solution.  Since I was going to pulling both axles (I also
suspected a worn joint on the other side), I decided that I would
replace all 4 joints.  I consider it like pulling the tranny and not
replacing everything in sight.  Anyway, I priced Velocity:

~$99/Inner joint kit + shipping, ~$102/Outer joint kit + shipping

And Techtonics:

$~290/Complete drive shaft (2 new joints & boots) + shipping

Adirondak:

~$260/Complete drive shaft (rebuilt) + shipping
~$70/Inner joint kit + shipping
~$120/outer joing kit + shipping

I bought all 4 from Mark @ Adirondak because 1. I trust him & like the
way he does business and 2. I wanted to have all the same manufacture of
CV joints.  3. His shipping costs are usually reasonable  (hard to be
with UPS on strike at this time though).  Thats' my 2 cents.  Let me
know if anyone needs any more info.

==Brett