Re: tempurature light

>    I was driving to work with no problems, then I saw the light
> start flashing and it stayed on.  I waited a couple of seconds for the
> light to go out, but it never did so while still driving I shut off

This was driving me crazy in the 91 Jetta I just sold.  It would flash
in the morning when I first started it up and just stay on until
restarted. It seemed like if I started the car when the engine was cold,
it would flash, but if I started it when it was hot, it wouldn't flash.
After I had the A/C serviced (small pinhole in compressor hose was
leaking freon...that freon--expensive stuff!), the light never came on
again at all.  Related?...probably not.  Does your A/C blow cold air?

-Mike
95 GTI-VR6