Re: OXY sensor readings??

At 17:30 8/11/97, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>What I do, is attach one side of a dwell meter to the battery ground and
>the other side has to have a pin attachment that you stick into that little
>connector that you are speaking of. Set it for 4C and 80 measure. You
>should get a reading of about 40 with the car warmed up. You will notice a
>rapid fluctuation that should swing no more than 3 lines on the meter. This
>is just the O2 making its ongoing adjustments. BTW, if you don't get a
>reading from one hole on that connector, try the other hole. Only one hole
>is used in this method. I believe it is the blue one.
>
>Good luck,
>Paul Hanley

I think this signal is the one going to the frequency valve on the fuel
distributor - it's duty cycle determines the mixture richness, so a dwell
meter can read it. The signal is developed from the control box in response
to what the O2 sensor tells it. (This from reading the Bentley manual months
ago, so I might be mistaken..)

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)