Re: Good year for an MK1?

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Shad Shepston wrote:

> Is it MK1 or S-1 or what?  What are all the variations?  Anyway, what's
> a good year for these earlier Scirocco's?  In fact, what was the first
> and last year that they made them?  I've been trying to buy one and just
> recently found a decent selection of them so I was wondering what to
> look for.  Thanks
>

> 	shadrach
You can say s-1 or mk1....same deal....as for the old roccos...think first
year was 75?(correct me here guys)....the 75,6,7's had the turn signals
soley in the grill(little square side markers on fender)...in 78 they had
wraparound from grill to side...kinda like that better...as for a good
year..if you plan on getting one and dropping a better engine in, I
recommend a 79, as when they were manufactured they ran on *leaded* gas,
which equals no catalitic converter! Major cost avoidance when replacing
exhaust....and some say increased power......I dunno, the emissions guys
gave me s**t, but what was orginally on the car goes!

Eric
79...ripped to pieces...looks interesting with no seats, dash, ect..
80...project is coming together! Engine to be in soon, liscence back in
less than a month!!!!(thank GOD!)