tranny questions

I have swaped an 16v engine and trany grom an 88 gti ti my 1980 rabbit.
In the process I added a set of low compression pistons and custom made
manifold and a garret t04 turbo.  When I was going to install the axles,
i foun out the trans flanges are 100mm and the rabbit cv joints are
90mm. So I decided to replace the 100mm flanges with the old 4gear
tramsmission 90mm flanges.  Another problem. They don't use the spring;
there are not identical.  somebody told me that some economy jettes and
golf model use the 90mm flanges in modern 5 gear tranny.  Does any have
any other suggestions.

also, my auto part dealer told me that with the power my car is going to
generate i should replace the stock rivets holding the diferential(or
other thing inside the transmission) with a special set of bolts and
nuts that come in a kit prepare by volkswagen.  He told that i dont
replace the rivets, my car could break those rivets and my tranny will
fail without any chaces for reparation.

P.S. hondas are for people who like rust and rattle suspension.
Volkswagens are for people who like to go very fast either straight or
with the back corner tire up in the air taking the off ramp at 110mph.
--
jOrgE gUErrErO