Re: Still overheating

In a message dated 97-08-06 22:38:24 EDT, penny@sk.sympatico.ca (Meat)
writes:

<<
 my '84 still has a problem even after i replaced the water pump today (it
 was making a slight friction noise and i thought that might be the
 problem). i have a radiator pressure cap coming in tommorow and that will
 be in place soon. But, i'm wondering about something. my fan kicks in but
 it really kicks in late?!! i know that someone said that they either didn't
 work or did and their was no in between, but maybe?

try it

 another shot out to yas - could a slightly warped head create such an
overheating problem?

Only if your over pressurizing and burning antifreeze (White smoke) or oil in
the water

i haven't noticed water in the oil or anything, but that doesn't mean much.

Yes it does

 any help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.

 one last thing; when i did the water pump and took her out for a bag it
 seemed gutless as hell! when i took the timing chain cover off could i have
 messed something up?

Did you pull the Timing Belt to do the pump or did you pull the entire
assymbly?

 all comments appreciated

 Sean Penny
 '84 KAMEI X1 Scirocco (still burnin up)