Re: Scirocco GTI ?????

There was a limited number Scirocco's with the dealer installed Legend
Turbo system that were badged as Scirocco GTI's.  There was a guy who
lived in the San Fernando Valley that used to show his red one, it was in
VW and Porsche with a black, no-turbo car.  There was also one in Santa
Barbara,  and one time when we were caravaning up to the Sacramento
Bug-o-rama, we stopped in a gasa station at around 2 am, and a guy pulled
in with a Scirocco.  There was about 2 dozen VW's, both air and
water-cooled, and he was wondering if we could help him figure out why
his car was running so hot.   He was driving from LA to San Fransisco and
his car was almost in the red, even though he was only doing around 75mph
he said.  WE had him pop the hood to see if we could see anything out of
place, and lo and behold, there was this turbo in there.  The car was
totally stock, so if wasn't as if this guy was a hot roder and had modded
the car with the turbo.  He said that he bought it from the dealer like
that.  We had him check his fluid levels.  Water was fine, but he was low
2 quarts of oil.  Not too bright for a turbo car to be running low on
oil.  If he kept the car much longer, I'm sure that the Scirocco GTI
motor died an untimely death.
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components