16V G60 update

after alot of calling around and information gathering, I have sort
of decided what I'm doing with my Scirocco.  I plan on putting the
16V in this week and i'm going to run it stock compression for now,
until I get it running properly and tuned up.  I have a raceware head
bolt set to be here tomorrow or Wed.
I talked to EIP tuning and they seemed to know a little bit about the
stuff but they said I should talk to Germany cause VW made a VERY
limited production of G60 16V motors.  But he said I should get their
2L piston/rod/bearing/ring set (of course theirs).  he has one on his
car and it puts out 200 HP plus a nitro shot.  The piston are thermal
treated and could handle the full boost of the G60 at 10:1 cr.  or I
could get custom made 9:1 and boost up to 14-16psi.  Not to bad I
think.  The kit is only $750 + cylinder boring.    Unfortunately this
is way more than I've spent on anything in my car so it won't be
possible for a few years anyways.
Ben Beacock         '81 Scirocco-S 16V G60
(519)823-2407
Guelph, Ont, Canada