Re: problems, ctnd.

On  1 Aug 96 at 12:16, Jason Brunberg wrote:

>  If I turn my car on, then put it into reverse with my foot on the
> clutch, then I turn the key off, the car keeps running....WTF???  It
> shuts off when I take it out of gear.  I checked a couple different
> things wrt this problem.  For example, when the abovementioned
> phenomenon occured, I took the fuel pump fuse out of it's socket,
> and the car kept running.  If I did the same thing with the car
> running in neutral, it shut off.  However, when I removed the fuel
> pump relay, no fuel pump run-on could be heard.  Upon further
> inspection of the fuel pump relay, I noticed a bit of corrosion on
> some of the prongs, but nothing too extreme (I think).

It sounds like you have a possible fuse box problem.  Something's got
to be shorted in there.  Or else maybe a problem with the wiring
harness in the steering column.  On american cars it takes a
replacement of the turn signal switch (the plastic part that the
lever goes into and incudes the wiring harness that includes the
ignition switch wiring).  I would imagine that it's the same in your
rocco.  HTH