problems, ctnd.

What's up, all?  This morning I wanted to see what else is wrong with
my car...found something.

	But first, some more info on reverse-light-always-staying-on-bizness.
Here's the deal:

	The backup lights remain on if the car is in the reverse gear, even if
the car is on or not (that's good).
	If the car is running, and the headlights are on, the reverse lights
come on (that's not good).

	Hmmm, I guess you already knew that.  Here's something cool tho:

	If I turn my car on, then put it into reverse with my foot on the
clutch, then I turn the key off, the car keeps running....WTF???  It
shuts off when I take it out of gear.  I checked a couple different
things wrt this problem.  For example, when the abovementioned
phenomenon occured, I took the fuel pump fuse out of it's socket, and
the car kept running.  If I did the same thing with the car running in
neutral, it shut off.  However, when I removed the fuel pump relay, no
fuel pump run-on could be heard.  Upon further inspection of the fuel
pump relay, I noticed a bit of corrosion on some of the prongs, but
nothing too extreme (I think).

	One positive note, I fixed that little turning signal problem.  The
left rear bulb actually fell out of it's base.  Thanks to all in
advance.

jason
87 16V