Re: FEM's...who needs em anyway?

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Shad Shepston wrote:
> >
> > What is that fuel enrichment switch for?
>
>         Oh, I thought that Shad was asking about that Autotech (or Techtonics)
> Fuel Enrichment Module  I understand they go for about $150(US), and
> that they're pretty beneficial for those of us who like to stand on the
> throttle a lot (guilty! :) ).
>
>         Anybody have one of these bad-boys hooked up?  Does it give any
> noticeable hp increase?  Should I even bother with it with the 1.8, or
> should I wait til I get me my 2.0?  Thanks.
>
> jason
> 87 16V

I (the guy that just got this car a few weeks ago)  have noticed a small
box bolted to the firewall.  It says Autotech power module, and has
wires running to the coil and also to the fuel distributor.  Is this
what you're asking about?  I can't tell you the difference, but am
thinking about disconnecting it to see what a stock 16v feels like.
Haha, if there is no difference you can buy it from me!  :)

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- for sale
'82 VW diesel truck