Race springs?!?!

Are the neuspeed race spring for a rabbit the same for a mk1
scirocco?

Here's the story to why I ask that question...
Josh Clark bought neuspeed race springs for his 16v through the
internet.  He said the guy that had them used em on a racing rabbit.
A few days after he bought them Josh decided he didn't want em
anymore.  He told me they would work fine on my mk1 scirocco so I
bought them from him.

Then they sat in my bedroom for about 4 months.

Today I was working on the suspension on my mk1 project and I brought
The old struts and the neuspeed race springs to a garage so they
could swap em.  However the "hats" on the top of the old springs were
much larger then the top of the race springs.  The garage called the
dealer and found found out that the part number for the stock spings
off a mk1 scirocco are different then that of a rabbit.

The question is...  Did Josh give me springs that won't fit on my car
OR did the guy that gave Josh the springs not give him the proper
"hats" along with 'em.?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...