RE: Cooling fan thermoswitch replacement

At 17:08 4/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for the advice - it would have been pretty ugly if I'd gone in
>there without knowing I was in for a messy job!  Btw, which switch
>did you put in?  It seems that there are a few options as far as the
>cutoff temperature.  Do you know what the stock switch is?  I know
>at least a couple people who put 85 celsius switches in.  Thanks!
>
>Tim

I had the three prong type - whatever is stock. The original did not work
at all, and I still don't know if the dual stage fan is working right. Some
more fiddling to do this summer.

At least now I don't have to turn on the defroster to keep the engine
from overheating - before the only way it would run is when the air
conditioner was active - no fun in the winter...

I think the combination of thermostat and fan switch needs to be looked
at if you want to modify the cooling system temperature. I am not sure what
combination would work best for your setup. Maybe somebody out there has
a better idea??

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco