Re: Majordomo results: Re: FYI: Splitfires (fwd)

Split fires actually reduce HP after a month or so, the plugs foul
between the split and give you reduced spark.  Bosch platinum plugs will
always be in my car.

Dammit, this is a lie.  I love my splitfires.
Mannix

I tried splitfires in my race car a few years ago.  The car developed
 "pinging " problems after sustained high rpm runs.  My guess is that all
the extra metal on the "split" ground holds to much heat.  Before then and
since then I've used NGK GR-5 plugs.  The car runs great on 'em.

Alan