Re: Fwd: Need advice (engine swaps)

Stephanie E. Gill wrote:

> Kevin McGrath wrote:
> >
> > FREE41@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > I currently own a 77 scirocco and I am trying to make a decision on what type
> > > of  engine setup to go with.  I thought about a G60 swap,but I'm thinking
> > > with that engine no longer in production replacement parts such as the
> > > supercharger may become scarce and expensive in the near future. I think my
> > > best options may be a 2.1 16v or as ridiculous as it may sound a VR6.  If you
> > > guys had the car and the cash what would you do?  Thanks.
> >
> > >From all I hear the VR6 Swap really isn't a good one except for drag
> > racing your VW. The 2.1l 16V sounds really awesome if you have the
> > money. This is the stroker engine I saw in EC from Eurospec or what?
> >
> > At least you are sticking with something that more closely belongs in
> > the scirocco that way. This should give you PLENTY of power too. The
> > deminsions are about the same or the same I think too. Whats the HP
> > rating on this motor? In your super light scirocco this would be
> > awesome.
> >
> > Did you consider putting your 16V from your '87 in there and really
> > going crazy with the  '86 16V maybe the 2.1l for it? Personally thats
> > the car I would want to modify but if your just looking for the lightest
> > car then the older rocco.
> >
> > --
> > Kevin McGrath
> > http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
> > Myrtle Beach SC USA
> > --
>
> Hey Kevin,
>
> I thought you had to get a 2.0 manifold for clearance if you wanted to
> upgrade from 1.8 to 2.1.  If it's just an upgrade to 2.0, you can get
> away with just bolting up the bottom end but I'm not sure about the 2.1.
> Does anyone know for sure?
>
> Steph

I don't really know much at all just what I read. As far as I'm
concerned even if you ahd to slightly modify the hood of the rocco you
would be better off with the 2.1 than a  VR6

2.0l would be good too but I have the feeling this guy is looking for
some real power. I mean he did mention a VR6

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin