Re: Squeeling belts..????

At 08:02 AM 4/25/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> >One more
>>
>  '82 VW Scirocco, Air Conditioning, no Power Steering....
>
>    Anyway, I've already tried tightening the belts, and also already tried
>  some of that spray stuff that's suppose to stop belt squealing, but no
>luck.
>   One thing I did notice was that the RPMs would drop below 1100 to 1000 or
> so when the belts would start to squeal....
>  At 1100 or above, there's no squealing....

OK, then something else you might want to try is remove the belts and turn
the pulleys by hand and see if they turn smoothly or not. It could be that
there is something damaged within one of the pulleys and its got a flat spot,
causing it to stop for a brief moment. Maybe this is unlikely, but worth
doing so you can at least disprove it as a possible cause.
Do you know which belt is doing the squealing? You may want to eye-spy the
belts while its making the noise, you may or may not see a sudden stoppage in
either the belt or a pulley. Just a thought, HTH!

Shawn