The Gentile 16v

> Message text written by Kevin McGrath
> >Jason Rappaport wrote:
> >
> > A ponderous solution occurs to me:
> > Don't corner hard (unless you have to race your car)
> > I drive my rocco under normal circumstances, and have only cornered
hard
> 1
> > or 2 times in 2 years, just fooling around.........perhaps I am just to
> > worried about wrecking my nice car, acting like an idiot, or getting a
> > ticket!!!
>

> >You sure you drive a Scirocco? Do you have the right mailing list? Drive
> >your car thats what it's made for.
>
> Zigzag it!
> He must be talking about cornering at 95mph on a hairpin sliding and
> oversteering. Now that would be hard  cornering. What about 40 or 50mph
on
> a on-ramp or 60mph on a two lane <20> turn?

Yea, but he also might be talking about not taking his RPM's over
3000, hitting highway (35mph) onramps at an unusually fast 37mph.
Not to mention downshifting for power!  Oh my god do you know what
that does to a car!  Thats almost as bad as hitting turns so fast
your copy of HotRod magazine flies off the passenger seat!

-jokes fokes, all of em

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...