Re: auto 'rocco

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Dave Mahoney wrote:

> Hi,  wasn't there mail on this a while ago??
>
> I just started a work term and a co-worker has an '86 Sirocco  but it's
> automatic !!!!!!!!   Is this a factory  thing???
>
> Man what a let down to see the P R N D  selector ..

I looked at a Wolfsburg edition '85 (production 4/85) that had the
automatic last Sunday.   Two friends and I went to look at it mainly
because of that and it has only 43K miles.  WE really didn't plan on
buying it cause the guys asking $4500, but thought it would be cool to see
an auto Scirocco....kinda wierd, imho....

> What were VW thinking???

Probably the same thing when they decided to indefinately suspend the TDI
Golfs and Jettas here in the states.  The bs they're giving has something
to do with receiving the wrong egr valve... (ok yeah, it's off topic, but
I just got done talking with a friend who works at a VW dealer and am
still pissed at how stupid VOA really is!)

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm  (New pages now online!)