Re: Best plug for 16v Scirocco? Dyno figures? 0-60?

Hi Rack:

At 08:37 PM 4/22/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I chose three-prongs due the most enthusiasm shown by a parts person,
>over the Platinums. Anybody have more infopinions on this ?

Either the Bosch F6DTC (3 electrode copper which you bought) or the
Bosch F6DSR (single electrode silver) are the way to go. The Bosch
F6DP (single electrode platinum) is not a true Platinum plug like the
one for the G60 is (that's why the G60 plug costs so much more). In
the Bosch line plugs ending with PO are true platinum plugs while
plugs ending in P are marketed as platinum but the actual platinum
content is far less. Platinum is very expensive stuff.

>Next paycheck -  the generic crap and rotor get replaced with those
>lovely tan babies. Any trix out there to removing the old rotor - or
>installing the new one ?

The old rotor is glued on (that is if the last person did things correctly).
To remove it carefully crush the old one with pliers (wear glasses) and
remove the chunks. Clean up the shaft of the distributor with a bit of
fine sandpaper if there are any scraps left. Then attach the new rotor
using Loctite 325 Speed Bonder or equivalent.

Hope this helps,

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"