RE: Changing Idle Speed....????

  The Idle speed on my 82 VW Scirroco is changing all by itself within a
 2 day period of time....

  First, I took a chance and took the car to the shop and got a tune-up,
 new clutch, and new valve-cover gasket.  Ok....fine...
  I check under the hood one day and notice a leaking out-take rubber hose
 coming out of the valve-cover...and replace it... OK.....fine....
  I notice the idle speed is a little high after the change so I take the car
 back to the shop to get the fuel-mixture, and idle-speed adjusted.
   During this time I had been using the fuel injector cleaning additive
stuff over a 2 to 3 day period with no problem....
  After this last visit to the shop, the car starts to stall on me...and then
 the only way to get the car started again would be to turn the little
 idle adjusting nob up....whala !!!!  the car starts and runs....

 I begin to notice a pattern.....
  Withing a 2 day period always, the RPM's would drop from above the 1100
where I would put it to below 1000 gradually where the car would finally
stall and refuse to crank, until the idle adjusting nob is turned up....

  So, what's the problem here after my car suddenly started to run
 reasonably well....???????

  ......the car in question is an 82 VW Scirroco......

 | Etop Udoh               |  Southern College of Technology - Marietta,Ga |
 | P.O. Box 4234           |     Senior ---> Computer Science              |
 | Marietta, Ga 30061-4234 |                                               |
 | -- Internet:>  Eudoh@crl.com ------------- Eudoh@sct.edu -------------- |
 | "..I do what comes natural..'Deny Everything !!'....Trust No One..."    |