Re: Turbo continued

At 8:12 PM -0600 04/15/1997, Roccet@aol.com wrote:
>I  Have Driven Several Turbo cars 911S Turbo  ( FAST AS  heck)  97 MITZ
>eclipse (fairly Quick ) but Gutless with out it.

You took the turbo off the Eclipse just to see?  I don't get it.  911s are
slow without turbos?

 5000s Audi Turbo ( not so
>Fast)  also Gutless with out it.

You've got a lot of time on your hands, and the 5000 was at one time one of
the fastest luxury sedans on the market.

 97 Toyota Surpa Tubo Fairly Fast  havent
>driven a non turbo to compair .

So.....it seems that you feel as though the turbocharged versions of any
given car are simply the naturally aspirated engines with a turbo bolted
on.  I've only driven a few turbo cars, and all were fast.  Turbos are
great power makers - sure, some lag, but a turbo can turn a small
displacement engine into something worthwhile.  AFAIK, *all* Saabs will
have turbos on them next year.  Ever driven an 850 Turbo wagon?  A friend
of mine has one, it is fast.  Really fast, there is not a Scirocco on this
list that will walk away from it.  Maybe some will give it a run for the
money, but the Volvo Mom-mobile will never be far behind.  If it is behind,
and I doubt it would be.  Been meaning to dragrace it, just for giggles.
It goes like hell, and it is a station wagon, complete with the Golden
Retriever gate in the back.

>turbos are ok i guess but i just would Rather Build a Car the Right way

So, turbos are inherently wrong?  I don't get it.  Why not a turbo?  Let's
see, less weight and more power.  Wrong.  HUH?  Come on.  I guess CART cars
are wrong.  Mazda RX7TT, they're wrong, too.  Turbos are not always used to
achieve maximum performance, just to get something extra to make a well
rounded car, rather than adding more displacement.  Turbos are nice in that
they still retain decent gas mileage while offering power if needed.

So, tell us about this SPU class.  I am fairly familiar with most of SCCAs
classes, but I am not familiar with this one.  Sounds like SCCAs GT class.
What sanctioning body?  Do they allow turbos?  Why would a given engine
make less power with a turbo?  I don't get it.  I am not a rocket
scientist, but this does not make sense to me.

>blow by a turbo than to be called a Weeky and have to have one . (im not
>saying your week if you actually have one)

WEAK.  "Week" typically refers to days in a WEEK.  Weak implies lack of
strength.  Also, capitalizing random words in a sentence does not improve
credibility.

>Ps. i do drive this Car on the street when i can get away with it!! Temp
>permits

What "Car" is this?  Your SPU car I am guessing?  What is it?  What have
you done to it?  Curious.  Any webpages where we can see results?  How
about laptimes at various tracks?  I am curious.

Mannix