Re: Carbon Fibre Wings

Rich Garrett wrote:

> From: Rich Garrett on 04/15/97 10:29 AM MDT
>
> >P.S.  Just hit 100,000 doing 110mph on my way to El Paso, TX yesterday.
> What a way to ring in the 'new year'!  :)
>
> "zianet" huh? Where are you out of?? I'm in Boulder, and get down to NM
>       about once a month. In fact, my VW buds (where I got my '87 16v) are
>       in Albuquerque.
>
> Small world!
>
> Rich Garrett

Hi Rich!

I'm down in Alamogordo, approximately 200 miles south of Albequerque.
I'm stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, and get down to El
Paso about once a month for the autocross.  Zianet covers most of New
Mexico I hear, if you're interested their web page could give you more
info....http://www.zianet.com.  There's a pseudo VW club on base and
since we have German Air Force (GAF) members, we get somewhat of an
insight into VW's intent.  The GAF guys drive G60 Corrados so their
Scirocco knowledge is vague at best but we manage to have a good time
when we roll south-east to El Paso.  I went to the autocross with a
friend who drives a GTI VR6 and I must say I saw quite a bit of his
tailpipe on the road :).  No matter, if VW makes 'em better each
generation, I'm always thankful/impressed.  He's smoked too many
Mustangs to count down here and it always gives me something to brag
about concerning VWs.  Anyhooo, thanks for the note and tell your 'buds'
in Albequerque to drop in sometime.  There's an air show at the base on
May 30 with free entrance if you guys want to come by.  See the Stealth
up close and live to tell the tale ;).  German Tornados and various
aircraft are also on display along with some aerial demos.

Peace!

Steph

P.S.  If anyone else on the list is interested, the invitation is open
to all.