Dead Fubas? Don't bury 'em yet...

I've had a couple scirocco owners ask me about dead Fubas, so I figured I
would post to the list.  I had a dead Fuba as well - zero AM reception,
only decent FM reception.  It's been like this since I got the car (with a
stock deck), so I always assumed the amp was shot, or the grounding point
had rusted.  I had a better Clarion deck installed by a shop, and still no
AM.  I installed an Alpine 7832 myself a couple months ago, but didn't
notice any antenna turn-lead lead....anyway, today I pulled the deck again
and looked harder.  There IS a small black wire there, wrapped around the
antenna cable!  Those of you with aftermarket head units should splice
this wire onto the deck's remote turn-on lead.  That's it.  No adapters
needed.  This was for my '87 16v with a real Fuba, so the knock-offs may
be different.  HTH, but YMMV.....

----
"Doin it to you in 3D, so groovy that I dig me."
 			-George Clinton