Re: Door locks and deterrants

>      I thought that the VW doors would not lock on the drivers side unless
> either the door was closed, or the key was used to prevent key lock ins.
>  Also most rocco 16v's have the central locking system anyway I thnk....
>  Anyway its not that important just an observation.  I thought taking the
> lock posts out was a creative idea especially if you have the central locking
> system.

Well my 86 8v can only be locked from the outside..I thought that was
just 'the shit' because in my 87 16v I can manually push the lock
down from the inside..and I have a bad habbit of doing just that when
stepping out of the car...are you all saying this is not normal?
should my 16v be only lockable via key? If so I guess I need to get
that fixed! And I was thinking to myself..man VW was sure stupid from
chaning the door locks to manually lockable.

Ryan

yeah if i had central locking...the posts would be removed first
thing!!

> PS  My Rocco got broke into for a CD player...man, that passenger side window
> stopped him for about....ohhh....0.01 seconds!   Cost me 85 bucks too.

mine too =[, driver's side window..it's never been the same.

ciao.