Re: Other Peoples Opinions (Wife, Girlfriend, etc)

Hello Again!

Kevin McGrath wrote:
<What is it with other peoples opinions of Sciroccos. Spicifically girls
<who just wonder "Why don't you buy a new car" I've heard it mentioned a
<million times in the newsgroup how someones girlfriend wants them to buy
<a new civic etc. etc.

     I remember a few years ago when I wanted to buy my Rocco (88 16v), my
then fiance (now my wife) said "why do you want to buy that ugly car".  She
had never seen a 16v (not that 8's are ugly anyway).  My jaw dropped in awe
at her response.  I told her that the scirocco would be one of the best cars
we would own.  I needed to buy a car because I was giving her my Jetta when
we got married two months later.  I saw the Rocco and it was love at first
sight.  I drove it for three years without a probem.  Then my wife crashed
her Jetta and I had to buy her another car.  I bought her a honda accord and
had to sell my rocco to trim our budget down for my college internship thats
coming up in a week.  Anyway, I sold my rocco to my best friend, and he said
hed let me buy it back in awhile when I could afford it again.  Now I am
stuck paying for and driving a accord.  Sometimes I drive and ask myself "How
did this happen to me".  Anyway, never let your wife or girl friend tell you
what to drive or pick out your cars.  It spells dev-a-sta-tion to your Rocco.
 Trust me on this one.  What is it about Honda's and Acura's?  They have no
personality at all!

PS  My wife loved my rocco after about.....one week of ownership.

Jeff
Amigo82@aol.com