Re: Other peoples Opinions

dadams@distantseas.com wrote:

> >> Alot of people seem to think that if your car is more than 4 years old
> >> you shouldn't be driving it. I have this female roommate (not even a
> >> girlfriend) who needs to borrow my car and I just mentioned that the
> >> exhaust is lose and rattles, "Why don't you sell your 2 cars and get a
> >> nice new car" Uh because I like not making car payments. Lets see
> >> because for $10,000 you can get a brand new? Hyuandai maybe? Hum because
> >> I like my scirocco and my GTI.
> >

> no one can say too much on this subject:
>
>   i've had 5 sciroccos and just bought an '83 GTi.  the newest of all was
> an '86 16V. I loved the speed but that was too new.  now my wife (i
> converted her from a die-hard celica worship) has the 16V so i don't have
> to deal with all the little 'lectrics. she (wife- or nearly x-wife as she
> wants to live her own life, not 'our life' and moved up to seattle area w/
> 16V) ....she belives in older cars too -pretty cool stuff. this GTi is
> almost too new 'cause the new Colorado emmissions law forces any car '82
> and newer to the state-run dyno facility where they're mostly all idiots.
>
> if they don't understand the addiction, make 'em drive one!  ->worked for me!
>
> if they still don't understand, they don't drive cars anyway, just ride in
> them...
>
> -fish
>
> '83 GTi
> '80 Scirocco S

Uhm, maybe I came in on the latter half of this string, but it's not
just a few women who don't have a clue about how great a VW can be
(better than most boyfriends, I might add :)).  There are guys out there
who actually take offense that one VW fanatic (need I say who?) prefers
to wash/wax the car on Friday and autox on Sunday rather than watch his
backside.  Forgive me, but I've always equated marriage to long term
babysitting...but then, maybe I just met all the butthole "anti-VW,
please play with me, do you have to wash the car NOW?!" guys out there
who don't have a clue what a VW can do.  Thanks for letting me vent
too.  Hahaahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha!

Steph
MadWoman Autoxr }:)