Scirocco Turbo

Some people were talking about 'what if VW ever turbocharged a Scirocco like
Isuzu did to the impulse?'  I happen to mention that VW DID authorized a
Scirocco Turbo as per the VW&P September/October issue of 1988.  That issue
was dedicated to the Scirocco: Evolution of a Sports Coupe.  Anyway,
here's the intro with specifics on the Scirocco turbo: (There's not much I'm
afraid)

Blah Blah Blah..."It all started when Adam purchased a 1985 Scirocco,
which had been modified after it's arrival in the U.S. with a factory-
authorized Legend turbo system.  A little known, limited edition model, the
Turbo Scirocco sold for a very short time, and Legend, itself, went out of
business soon after production was discontinued.  Adam paid $9800 for the
car, which seems paltry for a rare VW that may eventually become a collectors
car." Blah Blah Blah

There's more talk about how many watts the stereo puts out and how big the
tweeters are then anything else.  The salute to the Scirocco as a whole is
kinda nice.  There's a series of articles and a nice history.  The history
article might be a good thing for someones Scirocco web page...

Laytron!

==Brett