Bad Clamp, Bad!!

From: Rich Garrett on 04/10/97 10:13 AM MDT
Hey all!!

This is probably quite redundant to most of you motorheads out there, but
its been an experience for me:

I've got the Autotech 25mm front swaybar on my '87 16v. Since I bought the
car in September last, I've been through two sets of the stock clamps for
the outer mounting on the swaybar. They just rip right off the mounting
plate that bolts to the control arm....

Now, I'll certainly admit to driving a bit more...uh....agressively(!) the
past three or four weeks since I pulled my blizzaks off (just in time for 4
inches of snow today, and my first autocross on Saturday with Mannix and
crew-dammit!). Still, you'd think the stock clamps would hold a bit better.

The cool part is: the guy at Autotech is sending me the stainless steel
clamps that apparently shouldn't ever break! For free even!! Way nice thing
to do!!

Anyway, pray for sun.......

Rich