Re: ras a fras a fric a fram!!! gabbagook! @#$#^%@#$$%!

In a message dated 97-04-10 00:41:54 EDT, SCIROCCO87@aol.com writes:

<<    I beleive if you read your "bible" then you probably took the seal
housing
 off in order to install the new seal.  As Shawn said, it is easy to tap in
 with some patience.  Did you replace the gasket that goes between the
housing
 and the block???  I'd also suspect the oil pan gasket to be a very likely
 cause.  >>

There isnt a gasket that goes there is there?  I dont have one and my car
doesnt leak, weird stuff.  Any way lately the crankseal leaking seems to be
popping up alot, Ive had a few to do.  When we rebuilt my friends RD motor
the seal leaked intermitently.  He replaced it and when we put the tranny
back it was fine.  the oil pan gasket is often the cause if you remove the
housing as was already mentioned.  By the way, I just use a big socket and a
small hammer to tap in any if the seals that I do.  works for me.

Kyle