Re: CV Joint transplant

some snippage might have occurred:
>>I can tell you from just recent personal experience(took the tranny out of
>>an 80 and put it in an 85(wierd conicidence)..that if you want to use the
>>axels off the 80 you'll need to transplant the tranny from the 80
>>also....your 80 uses 90mm CV's, second generation roccos use 100mm
>>CV's(the shafts are different too...can't just switch CV's..tried
>>that...)...

>>Hope that helps!

>>Eric
>>AKA I\Iight Shado\/\/

    Please correct me if I am wrong but couldn't you just interchange the
drive flanges on the tranny to make the cv joint bolt up??? I'll admit I know
nothing about mk1 sciroccos so please understand.  I did this once when
putting a 85 gti tranny into an  84 scirocco just because i didn't have the
heavy duty drive shafts handy.  If you are talking about the outer cv not
working at the hub then I am confused and need some knowledge.

-->DAN MAY
-->8716vscirocco
-->83gti