ras a fras a fric a fram!!! gabbagook! @#$#^%@#$$%!

AUGH!!!!  I just got my car back after not driving it for a week.  Here's the story:
On Thursday I headed out to Jay's to do the clutch on my 8v.  I got the trans off and
flywheel to the machine shop which wasn't done until late Thursday night.  Friday I get the
flywheel and put the new clutch and trans in BUT the clutch won't disengage.   I figure that
somnething in the trans is messed up like the clutch lever, throughout bearing or push rod.
I worked on it all Saturday after getting a new trans cap and bearing and paycheck but to
no avail.  Sunday I check the stuff again but still don't find anything and I only had a little
time.  Monday I got it towed to the dealer because I just didn't have any more time.  It takes
a while for him to figure it out and finally today I went there and he showed me a new
flywheel and the old one.  the machine shop shaved about 2-3mm too much off the outer
rim so the pressure plate was sitting WAY too deep.  I called the machine shop and they
seem like reasonable guys so I hope they will pay for this.  I even missed two days of work
because of this.  The whole cost was $578!  I think I can get the shop to pay for most of it.
 So I get home and my car pulls for the FIRST time since I owned the damn thing, cool.  I
check under the hood to adjust the idle and looky there, a big black puddle =(  It's motor oil
and as far as I can tell it's coming from the bellhousing!  AUGH  That stupid crankshaft
seal.  I replaced it but obviously not good enough.  The damn Bently doesn't even mention
it!  I pulled the old one out and Jay made this neat press which pushed the seal in.  It was
flush with the edge of the engine just like the old seal and looked fine.  Did I do something
wrong??  Did I need to grease it or something?  I don't want to drop the trans tomorrow but
it looks like I'm on my own.  I can't afford to have the dealer do it.  Thanks for letting me
vent.

Josh Clark
Visit EXC's Performance Website at:
http://idt.net/~exc
(201) 726 0507

-We specialize in specialty European parts and
-wheels for VW's