scirocco insurance

  ATTENTION!  Anyone in the Seattle or Western Washington area, please can
you help me out.  I was denied insurance by my former company (Pemco)
because while sending in pictures of my newly painted 79 rocco, they asked
me about suspension and when they found out that the sport suspension I
had lowered the car about 1.5 inches, they denied me insurance.  My agent
said that he thought the reason they denied me is because the combo of
the lowered car and the ultra low profile tires (205/40/17) made the car
look extremely low.  I guess they were worried about under carriage damage
which is a crock of shit, considering I have only hit once parking on a
sidewalk of all places.

  What I want to know is there anyone out here, 25 or older that has
insurance on their scirocco of which has some modifcations on it and what
kind of rates they get.  I have heard that Pemco is pretty inexpensive but
they are also picky as you can see.  I had full coverage, low deductibles
which meant high premiums, tow coverage, rental car coverage, and 1000
worth of insurance on the wheels and tires.  All that and i only would
have paid 720 a year, roughly 60 a month.  I have 2 options

  1)  take my agent to an adjuster and show then the car, which would
      require me to put in different springs to raise the car *UGH*

  2)  go someplace new altogether.

  I was interesting in knowing if any of you rocco owners are getting
good deals and if they are available to me.  Nothing special done with
the engine so the only prob I could think any company would have is the
cars lowered stance (aggressive but not slammed) and the many things
I have added to the car.  Please help if you can.  Anything would be
appreciated.  Thanx....

  Andre'