Subject: Three Ignition Control Modules in two weeks!!  Ahhh!!!!
Author:  "Lee" <prgraph@inreach.inreach.com> at TGATE
Date:    4/3/97 9:44 PM

Hello all,

As a former Scirocco owner I had some idea what I was getting into when I
bought a 16V last week.  The third Ignition control module went out today
and it's becomming a routine that I don't want to repeat again. I was
hoping that the thermal compound between the ICM and the metal heat sink
would prevent the failure, obviouisly something else is responsible.

I'm planning to open a failed ICM and inspect it to see if I can determine
the cause of the failure. Short of that, the only other option that comes
to mind is to replace all the other components of the ignition system as
well as the ICM.

Have any of you experienced similar failures or have any ideas about a
solution? If so, please share your thoughts with me.....the car is costing
me $1.25/mile to operate so far and the checking account balance is
dropping rapidly.

Thanks in advance,
Lee