Re: Power steering pump

<< I have a 91 GTI 8V and an 88 Scirocco 16V.   Just recently, I've noticed
 that when it rains my power steering pump(on both cars) starts to squeek
 very loudly and the steering wheel vibrates when turning at slow
 speeds(making a "K" turn or turning the corner).
 What could this be?  Is this a common VW problem since both of my cars
 are doing it or is it coincidence?

 Brian >>

Sounds like just water on the pulleys Brian.  Some VW folks have fabricated
plastic splash guards...you might want to try your luck, or you might just
want to tighten up the belt just a hair...

Jim
Vw16valve@aol.com