Re: Malibu Grand Prrix

>We went to the MGP one time years ago in Austin TX.  It was a total
>blast.  Probably the closest I'll ever get to autocrossing :(

  I used to think MGP was the best go cart place I had been, but theres a
place  in Detroit that is much more fun. Can't remember the name as I've
only been there once, but what a blast! Instead of the usual railing etc.
for the edge of the track, they had tires. Even better, the tires weren't
locked down. Talk about fun. The carts are relativley slow, but hammering
people and slamming them into the tires, causing tires and the workers who
were standing on them to fly everywhere was a blast. Sliding through sharp
corners, bouncing off the tires and other go carts was a complete blast. It
seemed most peoples goal wasn't to go the fastest around the course, but to
be going the fastest when you hit someone else. Unfortunately, you can't
stay long, as its very difficult to avoid getting kicked out, at least it
was for myself and all of my friends:). If only the interstate had tire
barriers, and I had a huge bumper all the way round my car...

Brad