Re: Selling tranny w/ performance 3.94 final drive

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, wrote:

> >scirocco. Its from a 1983 scirocco 8v.  The gears are the close ratio that
> >you'll fine in any scirocco 8 or 16v.  The only diff between them was that
> >(this is of the top of my head) that the 8vs were if i recall 5th gear = .81
> >and 16v 5th gear = .89 but that might be flipped.

This is the first I've heard of the 3.94 tranny in an 1983. Anyone else
seen them or have a factory brochure they can look it up? Another
sciroccoer told me it was only on the 1984's.

> This tranny also had all but NO kind of limited slip at all. I want the code
> so I can find out if I can put in a Velocity diff kit or not.

Will velocity's kit work in both the 2H and 4K? TIA

--
 Yours in motorsport, Wes Shew   [ macher ;-) ]
  #53 DSP 1980 VW Scirocco Mk.I, 1.6L bal/blueprt, Platinum Grey Metallic
   #99 BS 1991 PORSCHE 944S2 cpe 3.0L (M030 & LSD opts.) Guards Red/Blk.lthr
    SCCA (NWR) & PCA (CWR)  Vancouver, Canada  (604)737-7649  schumi@vcn.bc.ca