Tire question

Here's a question for Shawn and the rest of the autoxers on this list.  Right
now I've got 14x6 alloys from an 84 GTI on my '81 S.  I'm very happy with
them, and I've put Yoko A509s on them.  I'm trying to determine if, for the
purposes of autoxing, it would be a better idea to run 13x7 wheels with
tires (not sure of the exact size) with a lower radius than my 185-60/14s.

I got the idea from Iain Mannix (he races a GTI in DSP out here with 13x7
wheels - no I won't say how much he beat me by in my first solo...:-)).  He
says that the lower radius tires are better because they effectively lower
the gear ratio.  Is that the right way to go?

The only real problem I have with it are is the totally and completely
illegal for DSP 10.1" brake conversion I have.  I'd have to get rid of them
and go back to the 9.4" rotors to fit the 13x7 wheels, so I'll probably be
looking to sell the brake kit (Autotech, vented rotors, includes calipers
and Repco MM pads) if anyone is interested in them.

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***