Re: Gains from racing headers

<< While thinking about the next mod for my 16v scirocco a debate came up
 between a few friends and i :
 what sort of gains would you see from buying a (techtonics probably )16v
 racing header?
 Now i have a 2.25" TT exaust and plan on removing the cat.  What sort of
 torque/hp would i see from putting on a racing header? I have heard :
 dont do it - the stock one is great and aftermarket ones can't hold onto the
 engine
 or
 instant 7-13 hp...
 any thoughts? >>
whatever your solution, go with a 4-2-1 design. this is best for low-end
torque and midrange power. Techtonics wisely sells a 4-1 type just for
racing, the proper place for a tubular header. I'll say it again, though; go
with the iron manifold plus a good downpipe w/ or w/o cat. you'll be much
happier than with a header.

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut