need help with lights

OK.....I told you last nite that my park/tail/sidemarker/instrument
panel lights went out.  So I figured since I spent $50 for a Bentley
manual I was in good shape trying to fix this minor problem.  HAH !!
This is one area the manual provides little help.  Trying to read
their "current flow" diagrams is challenging to say the least.  After
checking fuses, I yanked the switch out of the dash.  Then referring
to the trusty manual, I was left more confused then when I started.

Does anyone know what the markings on the back of the switch stand
for?  I figured that 58L & 58R stood for the left and right pk/tail
lites.  I took an ohm meter from the terminal marked 30 to them and
got zero ohms when turning the switch on.  So I figure the switch is
ok.   What I'm trying to figure out is where the freakin wires go
from there.  It's a real rats nest under the dash!  I'm wondering if
there's another relay I'm not finding or something.

Also, I assume the load reduction relay has nothing to do with this
problem, as the manual says it is only for devices that are only on
with the ignition, and the headlites are working.

I'll list what works and doesn't work in hopes someone has been
through this and can guide me in the right direction.  I can't
believe the freakin lites are giving me such fits.  I've been away
from mechanics too long, I guess.  This is embarrasing :)

Works:  Headlites (hi and low); turn signals; emergency flashers;
brake lites; interior lites

Not working:  park/tail/sidemarkers; instrument panel lites (gauges
seem to work, as do the indicator lites); back-up lites

Well, I'm going back out and seeing if I can figure this "simple" lite
problem out.  If anyone out there can help, hanks in advance.

BTW, the manual makes several references to the sidemarker lites (a
hot topic the last few days), which leads me to believe they are
standard equipment.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V