HELP!! Tranny woes!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

What a lousy day.  Started last night.  I go out to my car, which I've had
for three months now, turn the key to open the door and an ALARM goes off.
I don't have an alarm.  I think its the car next to me.  Nope, my lights are
flashing.  Great.  I have an alarm and no way to turn it off.  I get towed
the 75km home.

This morning my mechanic disables the alarm after several false starts.  We
find an on off switch that does nothing.  Now my trip computer is screwed.
My clock reads 9:J7.  On the way home from that, my tranny starts whining in
second and third gears, getting louder as the RPMs mount.  I drive it back
to the shop.  As soon as the mechanic gets in the car, it stops.  Swear to
god it stopped as SOON AS HE GOT IN THE CAR!!!!!!!  (sorry, bad day).

I get in the car to drive away, mumbling to myself, IT COMES BACK!!!!  I go
and get the mechanic, we go for a spin, now its gone again.  After a minute
or two, it does come back.  They say they can't do anything there except
send it out for a rebuild or put in a new one.  I say I'll wait till it
blows (warranties).

Then, I'm driving into work, it starts shifting itself from 5th to 3rd!!!!
Shat a pain in the ass.  I can't cruise on the highway at more than 110
km/h, or it shifts itself!

Anybody heard anything like this before?  Is it a quick fix or do I need a
new tranny?

Mark, how much does a rebuilt or new one cost?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Brandon Sommerville

Hukt on fonix wurkd for mee!