Re: cooling fan

At 09:29 PM 9/19/96 +-200, you wrote:
>Thanks for the advice on my bypassed cooling fan switch.  For those who
thought I was looking for a 'quick fix', my cooling fan switch is still
there and works just fine and I wasn't looking for a cheap way out.  I take
pride in my Sciroccos just like you guys do even though I don't know a damn
thing about mechanics.  :-)  But anyway, the mechanic bypassed the switch so
it wouldn't run so hot.  Call me a little paranoid, but the gauge being way
up there and that little red light flashing is a little too high for me.  I
understand much heat is required for optimum performance, but I think
halfway on the gauge is plenty hot to maintain performance.  Am I wrong?
Even with the fan wired the way it is now, the guage goes up to three
quarters when I'm really really getting on it, although I don't get that
wild all the time.  My 94 Golf(oops, sorry, bad word)ran below half way up
the gauge all the time.  And, no, I didn't bypass the cooling fan switch on
that.

This is info only that you might sorta know where the temp on your car is.
On my Scirocco, the VDO gauge says 220 deg when the water temp needle in the
dash is right in the middle. Just a bit below the red led is 180 deg.
For what its worth to you. Your temp may vary!  :)

Shawn