Re: cooling fan

At 09:29 PM 9/19/96 +-200, you wrote:
>Thanks for the advice on my bypassed cooling fan switch.  For those who
thought I was looking for a 'quick fix', my cooling fan switch is still
there and works just fine and I wasn't looking for a cheap way out.  I take
pride in my Sciroccos just like you guys do even though I don't know a damn
thing about mechanics.  :-)  But anyway, the mechanic bypassed the switch so
it wouldn't run so hot.  Call me a little paranoid, but the gauge being way
up there and that little red light flashing is a little too high for me.  I
understand much heat is required for optimum performance, but I think
halfway on the gauge is plenty hot to maintain performance.  Am I wrong?
Even with the fan wired the way it is now, the guage goes up to three
quarters when I'm really really getting on it, although I don't get that
wild all the time.  My 94 Golf(oops, sorry, bad word)ran below half way up
the gauge all the time.  And, no, I didn't bypass the cooling fan switch on
that.

>-Mike
>--

 Maybe check your coolant level, oil level and condition, hoses,
pipes, etc.....
 Its entirely possible your motor runs a little extra hot than most...
provided theres nothing out of sync.
paul