Re: A/C Vent Question: '86 Scirocco.

At 01:02 PM 9/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>

>        I've been having problems with my A/C vents for the last few months
>now, it didn't matter much over summer cuz my compressor died so I didn't use
>the A/C (Wasn't about to pay $900 to fix it).  I think I'm going to need the
>vents to work properly over the winter tho as the heater has the same
>problems.
>

>        - When I use the A/C, the COLD Air only comes thru the sides.
>          And HOT Air comes thru the Centre Vent.
>
>        - When using the heater, outside air comes thru the sides.
>          And HOT Air comes thru the Centre Vent.
>
>        - When it's on Fresh air, it's the same as heater above.

Fresh air always comes from the sides, I think.  It's been a while since I
have had A/C in my '84 GTi.  Anyway, reason as I understand it is so you can
breathe why you have the car set on high-heat.  If it is the case that you
should have the side vents sending A/C, then the vacuum switch is in the
dash somewhere.

Good Luck,
David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102