City Lights

I have the European Headlight conversion, and I have 2 little holes in the
rears of my BIG H4's.  Those holes are for the city lights.  I have a
plethora of ways to wire them in:

1.  Cut-off parking lights completely, give all juice to the city lights.
This is good for dusk/dawn driving, but when I go to put on the headlights
too, the parking lights (now the city lights) stay activated, of course.
This will cause my headlights to be red (the color of my city lights.

2.  Wire them into the parking lights, which puts both the city's and the
parking's on at dusk/dawn, but the same problem exists w/ the colored
headlights.

3.  Run a separate switch for them to use at dusk/dawn, but nothing will
light in the rear, unless I put on the parking lights too, but I don't think
I want parking lights AND city lights on upfront.

What the sam hell am I supposed to do w/ these things?!?!

Chris Taylor
3062 West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus
Blacksburg, VA 24060-0022
1-(540)-232-1038
chtaylo4@vt.edu
'87 16v Scirocco...modifications up to wazoo
"Go Hokies"??