Re: 1978 Scirocco I

        That sounds like a pretty good deal for 600 dollars.  I used to own
a '78 scirocco myself.  This one mechanic told me that '78 is a real good
year.  Plus '78s don't have a have a catalytic converter to slow you down
with or A/C to waste fuel economy.

       Buy a copy of European car and it will have tons of companies that
have catalogs for performance parts or regular ones. Also make sure that the
shocks are in good condition since you won't be happy on the freeway going
up and down like a boat.  This could be an expensive repair cost to you
right off the bat.  But if you don't mind fixing things up and you have the
cash then by all means buy the car.  Also there is something you can do to
the throttle body and it wont cost you any money and you will gain 5-7hp.
Email me if you want to know about this procedure.
                                                        Steve Peterson
                                                        speterso@masters.edu