Wagner body kit

Hey everyone.  Anybody ever hear of the Wagner body kit?  It looks a lot like the Reiger body kit to me.  Go way back into your European car collection-all the way back to when it was VW & Porsche and look at April 91.  What a bad-ass Scirocco on page 84!  I've seen a car just like that running around Bitburg.  285/40/15 Yokohamas in the rear!

But anyway, I have a question for you mechanical experts.  I have an 89 1.8i Scirocco Scala thats making a horrendous noise from behind the dash.  It sounds like the blower fan sqealing, but it's not that.  Could a speedometer make noises like that?  It gets louder as I accelerate.  It'll stop for a while and start up again if I make a hard right turn.  Any advice is much appreciated...

-Mike