Re[2]: Fuel Filter confusion

Message authorized by:
    : /S=shawnmze@ix.netcom.com/OU=SMTP/O=1.UCN.GO.1/P=PROCTERGAMBLE/A=MCI/C=US/

At 04:58 PM 9/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>with the part # info in hand.  However, when the guy looked on the computer
>>sys for the right part # he gave me something different.  The new filter that
>>he gave me is part # 0 045 905 943, with a 957 under the 943.  This is not
>>the same filter and, in fact, the connections are different.
>>     So, would anyone know why I have a different filter?  Has this happened
>>to you too?  I'd just like to know.

>Without trying to sound like a smart-ass, take it back and tell the
>counter person to give you the filter you want. Sounds like he looked up a
>filter for an 85 and sound some other number under a different listing.
>There is a reason why you have those numbers on your filter.
>If I were you, id call Mike Potter at Timmons VW 1-800-266-3247 (do ya' get
>it? its a toll free call and its free RELAIBLE information too) Ask Mike
>about the number you have and its application. The guy is a VW parts number
>encyclopedia! If he dont know, it dont exist!!

>Shawn.

Shawn must get commission from this Timmons place..  :)

But seriously tho, you should take it back.  I have had similiar problems
with other hoses etc.  I made them change one, the other he didn't want to
budge on his part#.

I had to change my fuel pump, along with the hose that connects the fuel pump
to something (don't remember, mechanic did it).  The hose I needed was about
3" long.  The VW dealer gave me a 15" thing.  He did not change it, I now
have this long hose wrapped all over the place to connect the pump to this
thing about 3" away, it sucks.  I'd go back and get the exact same filter,
you don't want to screw around with your fuel system.

Kevin.