Re: Fuel Filter confusion

At 04:58 PM 9/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello fellow Scirocco owners,
>     I've been on the list for about a month now but this is the 1st time
>I've posted/replied.  This is a great mail list, I hope I can add some useful
>information.
>     OK, here goes: I wanted to replace my fuel filter on my 1985 Scirocco
>(as if I'd be talking about any other type of car here).  The old filter is
>the OE part.  It is a Bosch, part # 0 450 905 066, underneath the 066 is a
>086 with a curved rectangle around it.  So I went to my friendly VW dealer
>with the part # info in hand.  However, when the guy looked on the computer
>sys for the right part # he gave me something different.  The new filter that
>he gave me is part # 0 045 905 943, with a 957 under the 943.  This is not
>the same filter and, in fact, the connections are different.
>     So, would anyone know why I have a different filter?  Has this happened
>to you too?  I'd just like to know.

Without trying to sound like a smart-ass, take it back and tell the counter
person to give you the filter you want. Sounds like he looked up a filter
for an 85 and sound some other number under a different listing. There is a
reason why you have those numbers on your filter.
If I were you, id call Mike Potter at Timmons VW 1-800-266-3247 (do ya' get
it? its a toll free call and its free RELAIBLE information too) Ask Mike
about the number you have and its application. The guy is a VW parts number
encyclopedia! If he dont know, it dont exist!!

Shawn